Tynewydd FC 3-1 Dinas Athletic

Premier Division

Tynewydd FC christened their new kit with a 3-1 win against Dinas Athletic at the Sports Centre on Saturday

Having been established for 10 years plus amazingly this is the Tynnys first kit deal and they are proud to link up with “AutoSpray” – Leon Butler (pictured presenting the kit to manager Gareth Union) has been in the auto trade for nearly 25 years.

Going into the game after a heavy defeat morale amongst the team was surprisingly good and that helped the Tynny start on the front foot and create numerous chances early on. At the midpoint of the half a fumbled shot allowed Mark McCarthy to pounce on the keepers mistake and give Tynny a 1-0 lead. Lee Clarke making his debut in goal helped in making an incredible goal line stand after an almighty goalmouth scramble to maintain the Tynnys lead. A lead they soon doubled after some neat play down the right wing resulted in a cross being swung over from Dafydd Gibbs that was met with a tremendous diving header from youngster Jack Cooke, another of the Tynnys new signings.

Dinas had a lifeline handed to them at the start of the 2nd half with a contentious hand ball decision that awarded them a penalty. With score at 2-1 Dinas applied more pressure looking for an equaliser but it was the Tynny who grab the next and final goal of the game. Lloyd Union skipped through 2 defenders before the 3rd defender scythed him down in the box resulting in the games 2nd penalty. Julian Brana, who had an outstanding game playing in an unusual position of central midfield, stepped up and calmly slotted the ball home to give all 3 points to the Tynny.

Man of the Match could have been awarded to numerous players after some great displays on the day but Pravesh Pydannah took the spoils after an excellent game at left back.

Squad: L.Clarke, S.Eveleigh, J.Shepherd, J.Clissett (C), P.Pydannah, M.McCarthy, D.Gibbs, E.Hicks, Ll.Union, J.Cooke, G.Union, L.Peterson, G.Tinsley, L.Union, P.Union, L.Butler, G.Pycroft